The bar code rebellion

The book I'm currently reading is called "The bar code rebellion." It is the second book in the trilogy. 

It's the year 2025 I'm Kayla reed...
  I could not believe what I was seeing. That's not me. I stood and watched someone who looked like me but wasn't. Mfumbe and I stopped to get something to eat. Although, since neither of us Have a bar tattoo I guess we were not paying. He was walking briskly towards me. Once the man in the store saw Mfumbe's pocket we both made a run for it. we ran on the new bullet train tracks to get away from the man and so that the police do not find us.We settled down and I told Mfumbe that I was on t.v but it wasn't me. I was talking about my neighbor Gene drake. Let's just say that he was killed for refusing to give out the bar tattoo. As I watched Mfumbe I noticed all the ways he changed over the months. His hair was short and disarranged. His skin was darker from being out and about running from the police. I saw Mfumbe pull half a piece of gum from his pocket. He uses it to show his love for me. He told me he got it from a underground club. We were on our way to march on Washington against the bar code like how Dr.king marched against segregation and discrimination. they weren't safe. They take your genetic code and if you had a high chance of getting a disease you were not able to get proper health care and would waste away. That is partially a reason I did not get the tattoo,cancer runs in my family.
  One thing that I have picked up ever since joining the bar code resistance is how to communicate telepathically. Some times I just think a thought and Mfumbe hears it. On our way we deiced to stop at a super eatery I had a nasty blister on the back of my heal from walking. As I tended to the blister an older looking woman handed me a sliver patch. she told me it would heal the blister quickly. She noticed that I didn't have a tattoo and i noticed she didn't have one either. She then told me about how she marched with DR.king. 
  Once we reached Lincoln memorial I suddenly remembered a dream. I shared it with Mfumbe telepathically. Just then an old friend we went to school with walked up and started a conversation with us. AS I asked about another old friend he reached into his pocket and I saw the spot were he burned off his bar tattoo. It was a letter from another one of our friends that is attending Caltech. The letter made it seem that she was doing very well. Just then A very irritable sound was audible. We then saw Very low aircrafts and Global one police attacking I felt a hard pressure on my back push me down. 

Comments

  1. Out of all blogs I've read...this one is the one that got me more hooked to the story. Stacey, I definitely need to read that book, I have to read it. I'm so hooked to the story that I didn't even want to stop reading ! Thanks mfor the amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might read the book, it sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book sound interesting i might read it i'm happy that the character is name as my nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a phenomenal post! Very well written and detailed! I haven't read this series yet, but I just added to my reading list. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bar code rebelion

bar code prophcey character analysis